Budget vote results for the library budget: 135 yes votes to 88 no votes. The Budget has passed for this year. Thank you to all who went out to vote on the school and library budget votes. Thank you to the efforts of the Board of Trustees, the staff of the library, and all of the Friends and patrons who helped to get the word out to go vote. Without your support the Benedek Memorial Library would not be what it is today. Thank you.
Director of the Benedek Memorial Library
P.S. a special thank you to our unofficial mascot Austin for helping us.
Budget vote resolution:
Shall the annual sum of money to be raised by taxation from the residents of the Campbell-Savona School District for the Dr. Sandor and Berthe Benedek Memorial Library be increased by $2,900 to an annual amount of $55,200?
Who can vote?
Anyone can vote who is:
- A resident within the Campbell-Savona Central School District (CSCSD) for a period of thirty (30) days preceding the vote
- 18 years of age or older
- A US citizen
“Anyone” includes any resident who rents or owns a home in the CSCSD. You do not need to reside in the Town of Campbell or the Village of Savona to vote but you must reside in the CSCSD.
Why should I vote?
The Funds raised from the Budget Vote will help the Library:
- Buy new books, audio books, DVDs, music CDs, E-Books, digital audio books, streaming videos through Overdrive, digital magazines through RB digital, and for streaming music and free music downloads patrons get to keep through Freegal.
- Fund programming for all ages, like Story Hour, Movie Nights, Bingo Nights, Summer Learning programs, and many more.
- Keep staff available to help with finding information, assist with new technology, place popular items on hold and more.
- Maintain current operating hours, and fees for copying, printing, and faxing services.
- Fund public high speed Wi-Fi connections and public computers for your private and business needs.
How will the increase change the property taxes?
Your 2019 Library tax bill would go up by $0.90 for the year based on the current tax rates, if the actual (not the assessed) value of your home is $90K.
Benedek Memorial Library and CSCSD Budget vote:
May 21, 2019 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm
At the Campbell-Savona Jr./Sr. High School.
Please remember to vote!